If you have been injured on the job, there are many questions and concerns that might keep you from sleeping at night. You may worry about how you will work during your time off or how you are going to pay your medical bills. Fortunately, our government has put in place several protections for employees who are injured while performing their job duties.
Federal law establishes certain securities for employees, and the workers comp lawyer Oregon residents might contact should pursue the same legal options as someone on the other side of the country. Lawyers who specialize in this area know the details of the law and what benefits you are entitled too. However, you need to make certain that you handle the case correctly as soon as the incident occurs. These are the steps you need to take to protect your compensation claim and case.
- Report your incident and accident to a supervisor immediately. There is a deadline for reporting injury and not adhering to it can ruin your case.
- Only seek medical help from the list of approved treatment centers and doctors. If you use someone out of the network, your costs may not be covered.
- Seek medical help as soon as possible after the incident occurs. Don’t wait and think you might feel better. Get checked out and have a file opened where documentation can take place.
- Stay in touch with your employer throughout the process. You have an obligation to keep your employer informed and they are to follow the written instructions of your medical team.
- Follow the insurance claim process according to your employer. They are the ones to file the claim, but you need to track the progress.
Workers compensation benefits are for your financial and medical help after a workplace injury. However, you need to follow these steps to ensure you receive your benefits.