Hiring a DUI attorney in Spokane can seem like an intimidating process. That’s why so many people choose to hire the first one they find, without thinking about their qualifications or how much they might cost. As it turns out, those first choices might not be the best ones! Follow this article to learn how to find the best DUI lawyers in Spokane and avoid making mistakes that could cost you.
Why do I need a Spokane DUI attorney?
When you’re arrested for driving under the influence (DUI), you face many legal consequences. If you’ve been charged with a DUI in Spokane, you need to find a lawyer who is up to the task.
Here are six reasons why:
- Your freedom is at stake. A DUI conviction can result in a lengthy jail sentence, expensive fines, and a criminal record that could damage your future. It would be best to have an attorney who will work hard on your behalf to get the best possible outcome.
- The prosecutor has lots of power. The prosecutor has the authority to decide whether or not to file charges, how serious the charge is, and what sentencing options are available to you. It would help if you had an attorney who would fight for you every step of the way and know what to do when it comes to bargaining with the prosecutor.
- You’ll have to go through a preliminary hearing. At your preliminary hearing, the prosecutor will present their case against you, and the court will decide if there’s enough evidence to move forward with your DUI charge. An attorney can help you prepare for this critical meeting and ensure that you have enough evidence to defend yourself.
- You’ll have to go to trial. You’ll face the prosecutor and the judge on your case at trial. An attorney can help you present your case, defend against the prosecutor’s case, and enter motions that might allow you to get a better result in court.
- You will receive a sentence from the judge based on what evidence was presented at your preliminary hearing or through discovery in preparation for trial. After obtaining an attorney, it’s up to them to present arguments and evidence before the judge to get a lesser sentence for you.
- If you’ve been convicted of DUI in Spokane, you will most likely be required to enroll in an alcohol treatment program before being released from jail until sentencing. An experienced Spokane DUI Attorney can assist you in obtaining the right treatment program.
What are the types of DUIs in Spokane?
There are several types of DUIs in Spokane. These include driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or both. The consequences of a DUI can be severe, depending on the type of DUI and the person’s criminal record.
If you have been arrested for driving under the influence (DUI), you need to take action to protect your rights and protect your future. A DUI can have significant consequences for your legal status, driver’s license, and workability. It would help if you spoke with an attorney as soon as possible after being arrested for protecting your legal rights.
To find a good lawyer, you first need to understand Spokane’s different types of DUIs. There are three main categories: alcohol-only DUIs, drug-only DUIs, and DUIs with alcohol and drugs.
Alcohol-Only DUIs: Anyone arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol only is not charged with a DUI. It means that the prosecutor does not believe that there is any evidence that the person was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. They will only charge a person with a DUI if they believe that the person was driving under the influence of both drugs and alcohol.
DUIs with Alcohol or Drugs: A person is charged with DUIs when they are arrested for driving intoxicated and present a controlled substance in their blood or blood test results show that they were legally impaired and were operating a motor vehicle.
DUIs with Alcohol and Drugs: A person is charged with DUIs when arrested for driving while intoxicated. They are lawfully ordered to take a breathalyzer test, and the result is above their lawful limit and/or test above their lawfully tolerated limit on two separate occasions within the past year.
DUI: A person is charged with DUI if they are arrested for driving with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .08% or higher, operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs, and/or operating a motor vehicle while they have an unlawful number of drugs in their system.
DUI Manslaughter: A person is charged with DUI manslaughter if they drive a motor vehicle under the influence and cause the death of another person through reckless driving, criminal negligence, or recklessness.
How do I find the best one for me?
Finding the best DUI lawyer for your case can be a daunting task. There are several factors to consider, including experience, qualifications, and price. Here are some tips to help you find the right lawyer for your needs.
First, try to determine what kind of lawyer you need. You may need an experienced criminal defense attorney or one with specific DUI expertise. Second, look for lawyers who have worked on similar cases before. It will give you confidence that they know what they’re doing and won’t take unnecessary risks with your case.
Third, research prices before hiring a lawyer. You don’t want to spend too much money on a lawyer only to find out that you could have gotten the same service for less elsewhere. Finally, ask around for recommendations from friends, family, and acquaintances. They will likely have someone they trust who can provide quality legal services reasonably.
Interview before you hire your lawyer
When hiring a lawyer, it’s essential to do your research. You want someone you can trust and who will be able to provide you with the best possible legal services. That means interviewing before making a decision. Here are some tips for interviewing a Spokane DUI lawyer:
-Ask about their experience in DUI cases.
-Check their qualifications. Make sure they have experience in DUI cases and have received appropriate training.
-Ask about their fees. Please make sure the fees they charge are reasonable, given their services.
-Ask about their availability and how often they work. Ensure the lawyer is available to meet with you and answer your questions.
If you have been arrested for a DUI in Spokane, you must find the best DUI lawyer to help you through this difficult time. It would help if you considered several factors when choosing your lawyer, including their experience with DUI cases, whether they have courtroom skills, and how much money they charge. Use the information in this article to help you choose the right one for your situation.