In more than 35 years as an attorney in both federal and state courts, I have seen almost every kind of case come across my desk at the law office of Sid Kirstein, Attorney at Law. In that time, my experience has grown beyond simple representation. Based upon my expertise, I am able to customize my approach to every individual I represent.
I firmly believe that a successful and experienced lawyer can take on any legal matter if he or she will devote sufficient time to get to know the client and study the law applicable to the case. This is what I do for a living. While I have spent a significant amount of my practice as an injury and criminal defense lawyer for the Greater Lynchburg area, I also have history of success representing clients across Virginia in a wide range of other cases, including:
- Medical and legal malpractice
- Personal injury, motor vehicle accidents, wrongful death claims and DUI driver accidents
- Criminal defense ranging from misdemeanor to serious felonies, including drug and theft crimes
- Divorce, including child custody, visitation, child support and other family law matters
- Lemon law and defective products
- Real estate disputes and construction disputes
- Estate planning, including wills and powers of attorney
Going The Extra Mile With Integrity And Personal Attention
When an individual walks into my office, a legal matter has already disrupted his or her life. I do whatever I can to ease the legal burden for him or her, remaining straightforward and informative through all of our communication. I want my clients to understand what their legal dispute involves and how it will affect their lives.
While I am very comfortable taking matters into the courtroom for my clients, I will only do so if necessary. If skillful negotiation becomes appropriate for your case, then I will advise you as such. Similarly, if you have no bullets in the gun, then I will let you know so that you do not go into battle with no ammunition, so to speak. There is no sense in spending your time, hard-earned money and resources on a legal matter that will not get you anywhere.